Tuesday, February 19, 2013

5 days away from the Disney Princess Half Marathon



Tapering SUCKS! 5 days until my first half marathon and I'm supposed to taper (run a lot less) the last 2 weeks going into a race. As hard as it was to get used to running a lot, it's even harder to get used to running less. I find myself anxious and wanting to put on my shoes and go for a long run but I can't, not until Sunday! UGHHHHH Tapering helps with not having tired legs and with giving you that extra rest right before a long race so you can go harder and faster. In the meantime, you have to deal with your body being restless and having a lot of extra energy due to the cutback of exercising. 

Since I have this extra time and energy, I thought myself brave this morning and dug into my old clothes to find that I could almost fit into my pre-baby jeans. WHAT?!?! Can it be?! I'm about one inch away from closing those suckers and about 10 lbs away from pre-baby weight. So close, so close... 

That being said, I don't think I've ever been as completely physically fit as I am these days. Funny looking back, to think of where I was a year ago... Thank you running!

No comments:

Post a Comment