Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I ate a bug!




Some running days are better than others. As I laced up my shoes this morning, I quite didn't feel like jogging but I motivated myself and reminded myself to get out there, even if just for a slow jog, but to get it done. I got it done, but not before I ate a bug, or a mosquito, or a gnat... I rather not know.

Jogging away between mile 2 and 3, I felt a crunch and immediately was thrown back to riding my bike when I was 7 and feeling that same crunch and then running home crying realizing I had eaten a bug. I swore to never chew gum or open my mouth while on my bike. Well, apparently I needed to relearn this lesson. I didn't cry this time, but I made two grown men cry from the laughing attack they had. They were jogging together and stopped to see if I was okay since I was repeatedly spitting on the side of the sidewalk (and cursing). My little boy staring at me in awe with a big smile on his face.  I informed the men that I was fine but had just eaten a bug and they both said "oh" and jogged chuckling away and laughing quite harshly. I hope they both ate bugs after that!

I have "listerined" my mouth repeatedly in the last few hours and am starting to feel over it. I might even have lunch now!

Moral of the story, well, I am still glad I got out there today, bug and all but, I will not be opening my mouth on a run any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment